Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Your Introspection Place

'Introspection' is basically a posh word for self-analysis. So, an introspection place would be a special place you go to contemplate your life. It may help you to think through difficult decisions, or may just be a place where you get the time for some stillness and quietness to reflect on life. This is a very simple, but effective concept with many benefits.

I was talking about this kind of thing, in yesterdays post, but I realise that for most of you, getting to a swimming pool regularly isn't all that easy, and when I return home it won't be easy for me either! However, I do think it is very important to have a special place where you can go to have some 'you time' and to think, away from everything. So, we need to find a more sustainable place, that will always be available. It needs to be a spot that you go to only for this purpose, so it is no good choosing your car as the special place, as you won't associate it with the deep-thinking and it will be hard to get yourself into the right mind set. On the other hand, it shouldn't be somewhere far away, as that will take effort to get to and then you just won't bother. Also the other problem with choosing a location far away, is that it won't be right there when you really need it.

When I get home, I will find a particular tree in the park very near to my house. I will be able to sit/lie/stand under it, subject to what mood I'm in (oh and also depending on what the weather has been like!), and then I will have the peace to think about what I want. I will only go to that one tree for this specific purpose.

So, you my be thinking, 'what exactly are the benefits?' Well to be honest, I've done things similar to this in the past and a number of positives have come out of it. When I need to make a decision, it will give me the space to think; to think about what I want, away from everyone. It is a space where you can think rationally, undisturbed. Also if your emotions are running high, getting out of the house and going to a tranquil space will have a calming effect. There is no one to get mad at or shout back at. Just you on your own with your thoughts. Some may not like this idea, but I think it is healthy to face up to what you are feeling/thinking. You may disagree and that's up to you, but what not try it?

Picture source: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment