Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 July 2011

The Jung Personality Test

A few months ago, my therapist recommended that I take the Jung personality test online to find out my 'type formula'. I was sceptical of this at first as I had taken various other personality tests, and none of them gave me any results that I felt specifically related to me. They were just for fun and had no real detail or meaning behind them. However, this test was written by Carl Jung, a Swiss psychiatrist, who has been incredibly influential in the development of many psychological concepts. So, one day when I was bored, I thought that I may as well give it a go as I had nothing to lose. There are 72 questions, so it took a little while, but it was definitely worth it!

My type formula came out as E (11) N (50) F (75) J (22)

This stands for Extroverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging, and the numbers in the brackets show the strength of the preference.

I read more into the description of my personality type and I was stunned at how true to me it was. As I read further into the detailed explanation it told me things about myself that I hadn't particularly thought about before, but as I read it, it just became more clear that this was me. The profile talked about how ENFJs believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, and I guess this blog reflects this part of my personality, because I'm wanting to help others. The description also said that "ENFJs know and appreciate people... they have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk of being hurt or abused by less sensitive people" (typelogic.com). Again, this is very true to me, and I can think of many occasions where this has happened.

The Jung career indicator determined careers most suitable for my personality type, and the top result came out as counselling. Interesting as this is exactly what I want to do!

Many of my friends have taken it, and they too are surprised at how accurate the results are. It is very interesting to read up about your personality type, and possible careers, and I know that it has helped me to understand myself better! So, why not give it a go?

Go to http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment