Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Just A Little Something..

Lying in the pool, on my back, just floating, listening to each breath I take.

That's exactly what I have been doing A LOT the past few days. There is just something about it that I love. The sensation of floating is different to any other, and the loud, deep sound of my breathing makes it easy to hear and concentrate on. This may sound weird, but actually hearing my breathing so clearly makes me realise that I am actually living, I am a real, living, human life. By focusing on my breathing, I am able to escape everything that is going on around me. I am in my own little world. Closing my eyes, I can place myself anywhere I want to be. Be anyone I want to be.

I consider my life, and reflect on the many situations I face each day. Somehow, being in this position, away from everything, I can think a lot more clearly.

I guess its a shame that when I return home I won't be able to do this, but for now I am finding it the perfect method for relaxation and contemplation :)

1 comment:

  1. That is really relaxing!! Now when I head to camp I'll do the same. It's true: it is very relaxing to lie in the pool and go into your own world relaxed.

    ReplyDelete