Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 February 2012

STOPP Worksheet

This is a worksheet that I found online, and I thought that it may be a useful tool for some of you. Its really simple to follow, but I think it can really help to actually write things down on paper rather just keeping it all in your head. It allows you to go through your feelings, look at them rationally, and put them into perspective.

When you have a bad thought or memory - Stop; Take a breath; Observe what the thought/memory is; Pull back and it into perspective - what would others think? Practice what works - for you and for others. Remember for the last 3 boxes it is very important to write down your responses!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,I am a Kenyan practicing clinical Psychologist(PhD). I have found your article on Teenage Stress Prevention very relevant for my practice.
    We are going through stress related teenage challenges with some high school teenagers in Kenya.Humbly give me some more insight from your experience to help me address these with teenagers and their parents as well as other stakeholders.
    I would appreciate any information that would help me address

    ReplyDelete